Stay tuned for information about the 2024 application cycle!
The 2023 deadline for applications has passed.
Applications for participation in the regional institutes will be accepted from doctoral students in English and related fields and from part-time and full-time instructors at access-oriented institutions, especially community colleges, within a specified geographic area of the host institution. Please see each host flyer (linked here) for specific eligibility information.
Applications must be submitted through Interfolio and should include
1. Letter of application (no more than two single-spaced pages); indicate which institute you are applying to and address at least two of the following:
- Why are you interested in participating in this institute? How will learning about access-oriented institutions help you achieve your career goals?
- What teaching experience, if any, do you have? What pedagogical topics would you like to learn more about and why?
- For those with teaching experience, what are the key dilemmas that you have faced in teaching students to read and write in your courses? How have you attempted to address these dilemmas?
- What essential questions about the teaching of reading and writing continue to shape your approach to teaching, and how might they be related to issues of access in higher education?
- How would you like this institute to help you address current issues of access on your campus?